Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

23.11.02

OH, WOW!!!

I went to see Tori Amos at the Sear's Theatre and it was freakin' BRILLANT!! Well, actually, first me and three friends went to the Tori meet and greet at the ACC. I arrived in Toronto at about 2 but my friends had been waiting in the crappy Toronto cold since 10. There were some people who had been there since like 8. The meet and greet was such an amazing experience, aside from the obvious Tori meeting, because the other Tori fans were so great. Other than a few crabapples, we were all joking, looking at the gifts and crazy things people had made. One girl made a Tori sockpuppet, which she had Tori sign. Another guy made a Scarlett geneology, which I thought was extremely creative. It was pretty well done, too. My good buddy Karen got Tori to sign her Little Earthquakes song book and asked her to play Winter, her favorite song, which she had never heard in concert.

The concert itself was freaking brilliant. She started with Wampum Prayer, then A Sorta Fairytale. A most excellent version of Cornflake Girl, followed by Scarlet's Walk. "No, she's not playing this! WOOOOOO!!" Take to the Sky, then my favourite "grrrr...what the fuck was I thinking" song Precious Things. Another of the new album Strange, juxtaposed rightly with Crucify from LE, then a little more from SW, Wednesday. That was all with the band. Tori then went to just her and the Bos in the -Roadside Cafe-, where she played Cloud on my tongue, which I, like a fool, thought was Winter for about the first six bars. I just wanted to hear Winter SO bad. Oh, what's that? Oh, here's Winter. Fuckin' brilliant that was, mates. The funny thing was that Tori started playing Cloud on my tongue again. Even she's confused about the two. :) She then followed with Marianne which is rarely played in concert. YEAH! Oh, here's the band back for Your Cloud. "That is not Concertina. IT IS!! WOOOOOO!!" (I did a lot of Wooooing. How could I not?) Sweet Sangria to Lust, which I wasn't expectin at all. I was expecting much from To Venus and Back so Concertina and Lust was a pleasant surprise. WHOA, choirgirl Hotel, Hotel, followed by a chilling version of I can't see new york. That song is really fuckin' beautiful. Spring haze was the last song of the night. Oh no, the encore started with Pancake from the new album then went to (Whooooo, yeah!!!) Past the Mission. She ended the encore with Horses from Boys for Pelee. Encore 2 (Whoooo, yeah!!) started with Taxi Ride, which wasn't on the original set list, and it was STUNNING. I really do enjoy that song. She finished with Playboy Mommy which was another pleasant surprise. Great show, mates. If you ever get the chance to see this phenomenal woman, don't hesitate a moment. It's worth every single cent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home