Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

26.11.02

*Flash*

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to pinpoint the moment when everything changes? This past year I unintentionally ceased contact with my bestfriend since I was 8, Jenny. I really don't know what happened. It wasn't like one day I woke up and said "I think Jenny and I should stop this whole 'being friends' thing". But it wasn't all that gradual, either. In the first semester of first year, we still talked and went out when I came home. Even during second semester we still had contact. I came home for the summer and nothing. I think I talked to her like three time, and I think they were all about or during the Amnesty show. It isn't even that we lead dissimilar lives. I heard through the system of relations that she's going to school now. Jen, congratulations. What happened? Was it the boyfriend? I don't think so. It seems like sometime in April something just cracked in us that caused this great divide. Who are you now? Every seven years our cells completely regenerate; I saw Jen become a whole new person, but who is that now. I'm almost to the point where there is a whole new person where I used to be, and that's making me wonder who that I is. Where was the click? Was it more like a spark? I've always viewed friendship as a woven basket, but that's changing. I don't know how to look at it now. Don't be scurd, but I'm starting to question the validity of friendship. I had a friend tell me that friendship is just people using each other to fill in their cracks like plaster of paris. Of course I disagreed and subsequently, we agreed to the whole disagreeing thing, but the re-pondering has begun as my rememory kicks in of all the times I had memories of Jenny. No matter how much I ponder though, I keep coming back to that same question, how do you isolate the departure of love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home