Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

26.8.02

Less than two weeks...

I will be terminating my employment with Nextel on September 4th, so I'm going to be sharing the humorous stories I have until then. The gem of an incident I'm about to disclose to you happened to me just yesterday. First, a little background info on my job. I have three things I have to ask a customer when I answer the phone: their mobile number or account number, their name, and how they recieved my number. Once I have pulled up the account, I then have to ask them for their passcode, if there is one. On Sunday, I had a young gentleman call up who could have been no older than 25. He gave me his mobile number, name and told me he had pulled the number out of the yellow pages. I was looking at his account and was just about to ask him his passcode when I decided that I could not in all honesty ask for that particular passcode, when the call was a simple transfer to a division that was closed. I gave him the number for the Customer Care division, he said thank you and we said our good-byes. Now, before I answer the nagging question of passcode, I must make you aware that this young man was friendly, polite and curtious, which made the passcode even stranger. Fuckme27 was his passcode. I swear on my mother redhead that that was the code. I was in such shock. We aren't even allowed to say that on the sales floor. If I said Fuck, it would "result in termination of employment". For the rest of the boring Sunday shift, my friends and I tried to think of what was going through that guys mind when he made that passcode. Was he high or drunk? (People call us like that all the time.) Did he find the sales rep very attractive and thought this may be a comeon? And what was the 27? Was that how many times he thought he should be fucked? Was that his age at the time? He didn't sound much older than 25, but it is possible. Also, how does he answer that? Does he shyly whisper it or does he say it proudly? All I could do was shake my head and chuck at the unfortunate person who has to ask him that. Thankfully, it wasn't absolutely necessary for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home