Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

24.8.02

I know the cliche is that it is a "double edged sword" but what is the weapon when it is a win-lose situation? Is it a single edged knife cutting a birthday cake, that slips and cuts your hand instead, but once you're bandaged you get a sweet, sweet piece of cake? This whole going back to school thing is a single edged knife in cake. I had to say buh-bye to two dear friends of mine, Kathleen and Margaret last night, as it blew. Margaret I'll see at Christmas because she's only going back to Montreal, but Kat I won't see for a year, because my lovely lady of the ivories is going to Geneva to au pair. I know I'll get to go back to Waterloo soon and there will be sweet, sweet lovin' from my people up North, but right now it's all bandaids and hydrogen peroxide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home