Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

29.8.02

"Going back after a long time will make you mad because the people you left behind do not like to think of you changed, will treat you as they always did, accuse you of being indifferent, when you are only different." - Jeannette Winterson, Oranges aren't the only fruit

At the beginning of the summer, I read Oranges aren't the only fruit because the other fiction class at school had read it, so I figured I should as well. That quote really struck me then and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to experience that feeling again. Change is inevitable and I realize that but I don't see much change from the girl who left Laurier in the spring, yet I know it's there. I want a return to the way things were. I just hope it hasn't been too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home