Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

4.5.03

So, I'm reading Michael Moore's Stupid White Men and I got to a chapter called "The End of Men". I figured, when reading through the table of contents, that this would be the most feminist of all the chapters. It goes beyond feminism, yo. If I didn't know who Michael Moore was, I would think it was a pseudonym for some man-hating woman. (Notice I didn't say feminist. A man-hating woman is not a feminist. Period.) He says some pretty harsh things about men, some of which are not true. It is a hilarious chapter, simply because it talks about Mother Nature attempting to wipe out men. Here's a little excerpt:

If we men had any sense, we'd try to get Nature to forgive us by cleaning up our act. You know, do the obvious stuff: quite desecrating the Arctic wilderness, pick up after ourselves, stop throuwing Whopper remains out the car window.

Nature would probably put up witha lot of our guff if we still served some important purpose. For eons we had two things women didn't have that made us a necessity: (1) we provided the sperm to keep the species going, and (2) we were able to reach anmd get whatever they needed off the top shelf.

I howled at that shit, simply because I see it in the men I love. It goes on to talk about how that shit is now messed up because of invitero fertilization and stepladders. He missed the most important thing men are good for: opening pickle jars. The pickle jar pass was when the girls and myself all took turns trying to open the jar, to no avail. Living with 3 women for 8 months, there was a definite lack of open pickle jars. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home