Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

21.4.03

On Coming Home

"Thanks, but I don't think I've lost weight." "Thanks, but I haven't changed my hair." "Thanks, but I've had this sweater for awhile." "Thanks, but I don't diet." Those are a few of the responses I've given the past couple days to the questions that follow "You look great." I don't know if it is said because of society's pleasentries, or because I look "good". One thing I've noticed never follows is "Are you happy?" That is why I feel good right now, because I'm happy. I believe that is reflected in my appearance, yet we never say that, myself included. The chance that a person may see that as an invitation to talk about their emotions is frightening. All the piss and shit and lies we tell could get stripped away in that moment when someone opens up and says honestly how they feel. "Thanks, and I am happy, but I said good-bye to someone I love recently, so it kinda fluxtuates. I'm in a good moment right now." Of course, I wear my emotions like a dress, floating around, covering me. It is rather apparent if I'm unhappy. More apparent than if I changed my short hair, which I dyed recently but that was how it was when I left, so that isn't a change. I've remodeled the house in my head, allowing for more windows, and taking back some of those spare keys, letting me sleep soundly at night. My house looks good, so I look good. It's not things, but thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home