Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

14.1.03

Frida was amazing. If you are in the Kitchener/Waterloo area, it is playing at the Princess tomorrow and Thursday and then on March first. Oh, do go see it. It is a passionate, lively film that has the perfect balance of humour and sobriaty that is strived for, and yet lacking, in so many Hollywood movies. It's visually wonderous without being overpowering, and Salma Hayek and Alfred Molino have wonderful chemistery as Frida and Diego. I really don't know how to descibe all the ways that this film is, in the original sense of the word, awesome, because it is so ... AH, I don't have a word, simple doesn't suffice but breathtaking is too much. It's like a driving really fast in a really smooth ride, you don't even feel like you're going anywhere until you are there and then you just revel in the trip's memory, but even that crap analogy doesn't fulfill it. Just see it and then maybe you can help me describe this phenomonal piece of film. I've realized that many of my favourite movies have some correlation to Lions Gate Entertainment. Also, the movie was nine dollars and I thought that was an amazing price. Ah, inflation will make anyone a sucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home