Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

23.12.01

I'm currently reading Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar and my good friend Karen who lent me the book told me her favourite section and since I don't really feel like writing today I'm going to write Karen's favourite section which is so true, though I'm not sure how applicable it is to the other sex but I know we girls can relate.

"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. Whenever I'm sad I'm going to die, or so nervous I can't sleep, or in love with somebody I won't be seeing for a week, I slump down just so far and then I say: 'I'll go take a hot bath'." I love that bit of truth.

oh Cat here's a present for your site. You should use this somewhere. It's by Shel Silverstein and it's called Invitation. It's probably one of my top ten favourite poems. (probably because it makes being a liar seem to be a good thing.) :-)


Invitation

If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come site by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home