Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

29.9.02

Thank you...

for the smiling face greeting me when I got off the bus, even though I was half an hour late. (Curse you, Greyhound!)
for the surprise on your face even though you had known I was coming for three weeks.
for leading me around two because if it wasn't for you I would have had no idea where I was.
for trusting me enough to tell me all the things going on in your mind.
for letting me turn off your music to turn on my new Ani CD even though you'd heard it a thousand times ($10 bucks at a used CD store. Most excellent!)
for making me dinner even though my birthday isn't really until Thursday.
for your ability to read my facial expressions like text.
for letting me touch you a little too much because I know it's going to be month till I have anything more than your voice.
for the two layer birthday cake you cooked so skillfully in your oven which only has a top-element. (Really, talk to your supe about that, baby.)
for letting me sleep on your couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home